Twas the Night Before My Mother Came to Town
28 July 2026
Despite spending hours on FaceTime, preparing for our weekend ahead, I still am overflowing with excitement to see my mother tomorrow. I can not seem to put my head down to fall asleep just yet, like a kid on Christmas Eve. I know I will regret this decision once my alarm goes off at 6 a.m. for my 8 hour shift in the psychiatric unit of the hospital. I will probably end up zombieing (did I just make up a word?) my way through the brief 20 minutes I take to get ready and put on my headphones to listen to the 2026 Hinterland Spotify playlist for one last morning scooter ride before I get to hear all of it live. That is contingent on whether or not my scooter will wake up charged in the morning. Twice now, I have not fully charged it and was the weirdo on the street throwing my leg as hard as I could to get this heavy ass scooter to ride up a hill on my way to work. What made it all worse was the hell like humidity and heat that hit Iowa a few days ago. I think I am well prepared now for the next few days of camping. I am sure I will be sweaty and gross but as long as I mentally prepare for that, it's okay right?
Mom and I have been talking about going to this festival for so long now, and I can't believe it is finally here and we are able to go this year! I am just not even going to mention what I cancelled that allowed it to all work out. I am trusting the universe that I have made the right decision though. Gage is going to join us after the first two days, so I can not wait for that either. I believe it will be an incredible few days that I get to share with some of my favorite people in the whole world. It doesn't get much better than this. I shall try to right about our camping and music fest adventures. Enjoy!
xoxo
Ava Jane
Comments
Post a Comment